Nov 15, 2022
# 2: From Designing a Home to Designing Her Future with STRs: The Story of Chris Cash
When you’re in the middle of your career, you don’t always know what’s on the other side. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take a chance and try something new!
That’s exactly what Chris Cash did. She branched out from her career as an interior designer and real estate agent, and became a short-term rental business owner.
In this episode, she shares her story—how she got started, her experiences so far (including the highs and lows), and how she’s already giving back to her local real estate community by helping them build their knowledge of the short-term rental space. She offers advice for anyone considering working in the short-term rental industry…and drops some incredible tips for staging a property too!
Highlights and Key Points:
[00:01:37] Introduction to the guest, Chris Cash, and where her STR business is located
[00:02:32] Why Chris chose South Haven for her STR business
[00:04:06] How Chris decided to get into STR business
[00:11:28] How Chris decided to become a business educator for agents
[00:13:38] Chris’s designing her short-term rentals
[00:17:53] What Chris found to be the most stressful when setting up her property and how she navigated that
- When purchasing properties, we need to have an investor’s brain, have data in front of us, and drive our decision-making through data analysis.
- I was shocked to learn less than 5% of the real estate agents across the country invest in real estate themselves, which I find very sad.
- Any investment, any business startup, is a risk, and you’re allowed to be scared, but don’t let it paralyze you.
- If you come from a place of contribution, it comes back to you. I believe in karma. I’m not a competitive person; I just feel like if you come from giving, you will get back and return.
- Don’t be afraid of failure; just always fail forward. No failure is a failure; it’s just a learning stepping stone to the next.
FOLLOW ME ON
If you’re a fan of my show, I want to say THANK YOU. Seriously, from the bottom of my heart – I couldn’t do this without you.
There’s one thing that would make me even more thankful – having your support through ratings and reviews on your preferred podcast player.
This helps me reach more people (just like you) who are eager to achieve their STR goals and dreams.
It’s super easy – just click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, please follow the podcast.
I’ll be adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out!
Thanks again, sister – and cheers to your STR success!